[Bell Historians] Re: New 10s in 'virgin' towers

jimhedgcock jameshedgcock at Uzx1qAEJvNQbAaThtdgkpYQytJsTEjSeF36C1nbY7ggnWWMjxmjARglBRyZsFDBzD4u3sR3_2EHwRa_eMw43lQ.yahoo.invalid
Mon Feb 27 17:13:18 GMT 2006

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "Mike Chester" <mike at ...>
wrote:

The blurb in the tower at Mission gives them as 1951, I didn't look
at the inscriptions. I did look at the inscriptions at Washington and
they are dated 1962 for whatever that is worth.

> In Africa, Greyville (Taylors 1921), Cape Town (Taylors 1979) and
> Harare (Whitechapel 1961)  come to mind.
>
> In the States/Canada, post WWII, Mission City, (M & S 1950),
Washington
> (Whitechapel 1964, though possibly the tower was far from empty of
> bells at the time! The carillon was cast the previous year by
Taylors.