[Bell Historians] Sennen Church Cornwall

Peter Rivet peter at fU75BxW3r4hqUxh-YyqLvFumQtTJjXb8RrJo8_IICRN37Gf9fIvHz2z5PHqh-OQtuVSL_7DdQq3oh4Dr.yahoo.invalid
Mon Mar 27 19:08:56 BST 2006

This is a very good and informative web site.  However I would dispute
Sennen's claim to be the "most westerly church in the British Isles".  Even
if you don't include Ireland or the Scillies there is a large chunk of the
west of Scotland, from Kintyre northwards, with plenty of churches.  It
would be more accurate to describe it as the most westerly church on
mainland Britain with change ringing bells.

Peter Rivet
  -----Original Message-----
  From: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
[mailto:bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of Michael Royalton-Kisch
  Sent: 27 March 2006 18:33
  To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
  Subject: RE: [Bell Historians] Sennen Church Cornwall

  Nice to see a page set up for our most westerly church!  Nice ring of
bells
  I have been twice on outings.

  Just a small point, but on bell details, the 4th is currently listed as Db
  and the 3rd E whereas it should be: the 3rd  Eb and the 4th  D to make the
  major six that they are.

  Michael

  >From: "Richard Sweet" <r.sweet at KYyFlEGRUukE95PXGIziiOWy9GT9pjz72N_GEVuzXSy8eei9Vp7KFxRb8GZyq4g9kZeDJU9z8Yv7ODIzKpA.yahoo.invalid>
  >To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
  >Subject: [Bell Historians] Sennen Church Cornwall
  >Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 13:32:32 -0000
  >
  >I have just set up a website for our Tower and posted what information
  >is available concerning the history of the Bells, the address is
  >http://www.communigate.co.uk/twc/stsennenchurchbellringers/index.phtml
  >
  >If anyone can provide any additional information I would be very
  >pleased to receive it, perhaps offline.
  >Many thanks
  >Richard Sweet
  >Tower Secretary

        Ringing  Bell

    c..  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
Service.