[Bell Historians] Who casts the best bells?

La Greenall eldeworth at 7IK_VmlEK2GqndxH_PLmeGdtltmm0fVpGwEMtWsA_Sgohkf0_Pc4NNyX7dfG2mkVgANHokk6ngSXn-q3SZk.yahoo.invalid
Wed May 3 06:15:38 BST 2006

As Andrew says, there's a lot to be said for 2nd-hand bells - they have
obviously already proved their mettle! I see your email address is
'sanctusbells'; our recently-acquired Sanctus bell at Waltham Abbey was
cast in the 1660s by Miles Graye and I think it's great that this
venerable old relic has been given a second wind, so to speak.
Ironically, it is now the oldest bell in Waltham Abbey's tower, even
though it was installed only about a decade ago.

I took a photos of it recently; if anyone wants a copy emailed let me
know offlist.

Lawrence Greenall,
Waltham Abbey Hist Soc.