[Bell Historians] Heathfield, Somerset

Susan & Christopher Dalton dalton.family at CR_f9m2rECpkiWP3w2CZSVWrDUlU6mMRT8Xxj-t45n6BowP332eaEIapyDKW6-POv4bu2ZSEP4vu4CiegpJIWieG.yahoo.invalid
Fri Sep 15 10:34:20 BST 2006

>> Heathfield are interesting. Bells and clappers by Mears and all other
>> fittings by Taylors in a locally made frame - all of the same date.
>
> Is that Heathfield near Taunton? Not actually been up and looked at the
> bells there although I've rung there often enough. Are the headstocks timber
> or cast iron. As I recall the bells are very late C19.

Bells are M & S 1898.
3-3-19, 4-1-22, 4-3-21, 5-3-17, 7-1-21.
I think the hanging was done by Thomas Doble of Taunton who habitually used
ironwork (gudgeons, bearings, etc.) bought from Taylors.  Wooden stocks.

C D