New York

Laura Dickerson lauradi at bYmmF45dvLvx7LLy5Cuv7mvh1qjiVxNCV3flYxk9X26OgmsbrWIeiuM8i7ZhME0O_LwPiap0QA.yahoo.invalid
Fri Sep 15 14:07:55 BST 2006

     A number of us in the neighborhood, loosely speaking (only 200
miles away),  found the inscriptions odd as well.  I thought it would
have been good to at least mention the name of the church (rather than
just that of the rector) but after rummaging through the Lovesguide to
bells of London, I couldn't find any examples of recent bells with such
an inscription.  Is there some tradition about not mentioning the
dedication of the church for which the bells are cast?
Laura Dickerson