[Bell Historians] Re: Trinity New york

Richard Offen richard at hlLTYw7-b9pVIOOxj9AveCUWB4qmlFJTvYDEJRci17U0C-hOgkOB2Cfmh0iHUeqUMqnSZn3Zv19NOw.yahoo.invalid
Sat Sep 16 08:05:44 BST 2006

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "David Cawley" <dave at ...> wrote:

> Oooooooooh, Richard is it not yourself in print (see  Dickon's London
site,
> St Dunstan-in-the-East) who describe that "thin" ring ( 4' 0 1/2", 21-
0-14
> in Eb) as "spine-tinglingly good" ?
>
> DLC

It's a fair cop David!

To be perfectly honest I'd forgotten about St Dunstan's: they were
simply superb ...I was going to say a 'never to be forgotten
experience', but clearly I had!

There's an exception to every rule and St Dunstan's in the East, in
this case, certainly were!   If you want another, and even thinner on,
Broadclyst are another all time favourite with me.   Just goes to prove
every case should be judged on its own merit.

I sincerely hope that Holy Trinity, New York don't turn out to be 'just
another ring of twelve' (we've got rather too many of them already!)
and prove to be something of which that great city can be proud ...I'm
sure they will.

Richard