[Bell Historians] Gloucester

edward martin edward.w.martin at 8U5CNbYTsJwgPVeI3YR8sdLERJhpIXbHJWBTPFQKlNK-Vh4XxSHeDPreOeDN0GQPR8e0DEc50Tzsaw9JQoJS.yahoo.invalid
Mon Apr 16 03:28:18 BST 2007

I mentioned this to Ann who says:
"I think John has got this right, but might note that the masculine CAELUS
was the older form, and it is used in the plural (CAELI) in classical
poetry, e.g. Lucretius.  The earliest ref my dictionary gives for the
ecclesiastical form CAElI is Tertullian (2nd-3rd cent). "

mew