[Bell Historians] Whitechapel and canons

Chris Pickford c.j.pickford.t21 at Cj8bzR1PCmkFuaeFXxsyYlED2JWU3upWjiGDSLghOQ0kfOqtrp7nbrMPkzL_d9Z0V6Qq9haMuO4L7hfycTIvWfoRalUDtQ.yahoo.invalid
Fri Aug 10 15:30:22 BST 2007

Pebworth do indeed have Doncaster heads rather than traditional can(n)ons

CP

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: David Bryant
  To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Friday, August 10, 2007 3:16 PM
  Subject: RE: [Bell Historians] Whitechapel and canons

  "There is a note on the Church Bells of Gloucestershire website to the
  effect that the trebles of 8, and therefore I assume the later
  trebles of 10, at Pebworth are the only bells cast by Whitechapel for
  ringing since 1952 with canons. This also is what I remember from the
  RW article about the 1995 augementation. "

  Aren't the Pebworth ones Doncaster Heads rather than traditional canons?