Whitechapel and canons

Richard Offen richard.offen at riHfKnZHbHa2vNmDjRZMhdDqgWC2qnRtiaRKiD10EUMJSxgJ1_Isn2nV9gzjK_JrMxw52F-0pnGgVG0ZHshRDgZYjRuF.yahoo.invalid
Fri Aug 10 17:10:45 BST 2007

> Date  Bell  Tower
> -------------------------------------
> Mears & Stainbank
>  1960   7/ 8  Buckland
>  1953   2/ 6  Cassington
>  1954   1/ 8  Hambleden
>  1961   1/ 6  Long Sutton
>
> Whitechapel Bell Foundry Ltd
>  1989   5/ 6  Albury
>  1987   2/ 6  Ampney Crucis
>  1991   6/ 8  Chiddingstone
>  1983   4/ 6  High Halstow
>  2002   1/10  Pebworth
>  2002   2/10  Pebworth
>  1995   3/10  Pebworth
>  1995   4/10  Pebworth
>  1991   1/ 6  Sandford Orcas
>  1971   1/ 6  South Mymms
>  1971   2/ 6  South Mymms
>  1976   7/10  Washington, NH Center
>
> The Pebworth ones are obviously correct, but what about the
others?
> I find the Washington one, for instance, very unliklely.
>
> Mike

Not sure about the others, but I can confirm that the two trebles at
South Mymms, the seventh at the Old Post Office, Washington DC and
the fourth at High Halstow were all cast without canons.

Richard