[Bell Historians] Heaviest bells on plain bearings

David Bryant davidbryant at t9nR2xWwspCvaFSyPTdqCn5MU-dnzD3qG_wYZjBwxG4iX0cQECR5kKux4rrT52DOuaynGMi-FL8lvb6iR-PRSHvgLEg.yahoo.invalid
Sun Aug 12 00:43:44 BST 2007

> > On Friday I had a discussion about where the heaviest
> > ringable ring of bells were that remained on plain bearings.
> > The best we came up with was Clare, Suffolk at 28 cwt.
> > Does anyone have any advances on that?

> Burton on Trent, St Paul (10) 28-2-9

Not part of a ring, but hung for full-circle ringing and ringable there is
the 46cwt Great Bell of Tong.