[Bell Historians] Heaviest bells on plain bearings

matthewhigby at oKGOvJMYhywjsgdGeahUppWejSVNYQbLU9ZHRXzoi6sKOOMqlGeUbrRqooDT7fZRmzF2KnhPUOrZHwZ_I-oH.yahoo.invalid matthewhigby at oKGOvJMYhywjsgdGeahUppWejSVNYQbLU9ZHRXzoi6sKOOMqlGeUbrRqooDT7fZRmzF2KnhPUOrZHwZ_I-oH.yahoo.invalid
Sun Aug 12 08:54:43 BST 2007

davidbryant at 4ry8XB5nwTD4d57wVOqjpqzaYuQJQbknR9aTddoACBmQbRfL_akekrufhuGJB_iZcHldDmxDLpEcb40RC8fGvgM.yahoo.invalid writes:

>  > On Friday I had a discussion about where the heaviest
> >  ringable ring of bells were that remained on plain bearings.
> > The  best we came up with was Clare, Suffolk at 28 cwt.
> > Does anyone  have any advances on that?

Congresbury (34cwt) are still on plain bearings. Long Ashton (30cwt)  also.
One bell at each tower has been recently rehung but I'm not sure if they  are
on ball bearings or plain again.

Matthew

Matthew Higby  & Co Ltd,
Church Bell Engineers.