[Bell Historians] Stretch tuning

Andrew Higson andrew-higson at K2FAT208kop6vg7JAI7M_3I2hL9Ek7ib_vkGkk8wB-3jMSkwc7F_KylqaaJ2TqGvn30V4Mt24NyoY5MM3Ia2BmsdXlVh4g.yahoo.invalid
Mon Dec 3 12:18:18 GMT 2007

That would be tricky as PLT has been dead a while, but it was his idea.
Without the time to do much research, it look as though he decided to
make the treble 25 cents sharp of the tenor, irrespective of whether
that was a 12 or an 8 and then calculated a progressive sharpening of
the intermediate bells. For example, for an 8, rather than multiplying
the tenor progressively by the 12th root of 2 (1.0594631 ish) he would
use the 12 root of 2.0269 (which is the ratio you get if you sharpen the
treble by 25 cents (1.060739 ish))

HTH

Andrew Higson

Taylors Eayre and Smith Ltd

The Bellfoundry

Freehold Street

Loughborough

LE11 1AR

Telephone: 01509 212241 Fax: 01509 263305 Registered in England No.
1352309