[Bell Historians] Stretch tuning

Richard Offen richard.offen at CDpVYmuk_tcFQZxVYfRfScH_0J9kvXwC2MNIaLvKHAlkME0VH9yeam5TKjtkafVyK1htpUYU3IOHdhfXSz11dMKi.yahoo.invalid
Tue Dec 4 14:17:59 GMT 2007

> Andrew is so right about the tower acoustics playing a big part in
> accentuating the lack of a proper octave: the tenor and treble at St
> George's are quite painful to listen to dodging together   ...having
> just got back from practice there, they are still discordantly
ringing in my ears!

PS.   It's a shame because, individually, St George's bells are very
nice; the trebles are a bit thin for my liking, but nonetheless
extremely pleasant ...it's just when you ring them together that the
effect is ruined!