[Bell Historians] Stretch tuning

Andrew Higson andrew-higson at WU74r87fPuhTghJ5A4CYFQIrZMZoKfIREQh0LUymlq8Qxo1D0xW6Wnq-xZwoEdBgeEagtsM3yu-6lBOKpn_JUF9dGeETbQ.yahoo.invalid
Tue Dec 4 14:46:41 GMT 2007

I think that was my point too. Carillon stretch is similar to piano stretch. The bells we did for Canberra in 2002 had a stretch at the top of 5 cents.

Given all the other things going on with the perceived pitch of a bell when it's rotating I can't help thinking stretch and temperament, within limits, are a bit redundant.

Andrew Higson

Taylors Eayre and Smith Ltd

The Bellfoundry

Freehold Street