[Bell Historians] Stretch tuning

Richard Offen richard.offen at ukWwX9nCWDOWjStc2y3icMkSWgVcx_UCvwlMdmIK9-P9R7MAUD67d1UAs65ezoACwM_aHKjtUdHvaJi0Rf_SZKo.yahoo.invalid
Wed Dec 5 02:08:08 GMT 2007

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Higson" <andrew-
higson at ...> wrote:

> I think that was my point too. Carillon stretch is similar to piano
stretch. The bells we did for Canberra in 2002 had a stretch at the top
of 5 cents.

> Given all the other things going on with the perceived pitch of a
bell when it's rotating I can't help thinking stretch and temperament,
within limits, are a bit redundant.

Surely the prospect of having major and minor thirds in better tune
than with equal temperament, must be an inviting prospect!