St. Barnabas Pimlico

jimhedgcock jameshedgcock at N6kLl_3fvmBJSkgp9FPiJiuBGRCWXvZSXukwZNw61Yw5wQSwssHiPbnssltfDJuv5AUpgTxky9suPBRa1KELxN4.yahoo.invalid
Wed Dec 26 23:07:19 GMT 2007

On a recent visit to London I took the opportunity to walk to Pimlico.
The church has obviously had a vast amount of money spent on it and is
now shining white with cleaned and replaced stone. The slate louvres
also look brand new.  Unfortunately the exterior gate was locked and I
was unable to gain access to the interior or the vicarage. The school
was open but I deemed it to be intrusive to try to gain access to the
church by trying to attract attention there. I am told that the church
interior is amongst the most ornate in London.
I remember Alan Taylor indicating that there might be some bell
activity there once the restoration of the church was completed. If
this is the case, has any bell related work been considered?
Judging by the proximity of the neighbouring commercial and domestic
buildings a very efficient sound control system would be mandatory.
The exterior of the adjacent church buildings has not benefitted from
any contemporary restoration.