[Bell Historians] Pimlico

alantaylor at 3EVMeGTaTWIMqSCi9zaB4GJlJIb7diz6aqyYRJshnScQMtcdhTt1YZJCH23Nzd0zZCAHiEbhI8c34UbGtNTqAxFeJq8.yahoo.invalid alantaylor at 3EVMeGTaTWIMqSCi9zaB4GJlJIb7diz6aqyYRJshnScQMtcdhTt1YZJCH23Nzd0zZCAHiEbhI8c34UbGtNTqAxFeJq8.yahoo.invalid
Thu Dec 27 23:57:00 GMT 2007

As always, your information is fascinating David.

I think the bell at St Peter Eaton Square wasn't damaged in the fire. The
bell is certainly used.

Do you have any information on St Mary Vincent Square? Long since
demolished? And Christ Church Victoria Street?

Alan

  _____

From: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com [mailto:bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of David Cawley
Sent: 27 December 2007 18:46
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] Pimlico

Quite possibly the G&J bell which Alan quotes is that at St Mary, Bourne
Street, which was founded as a daughter church of St Barnabas. It was
formerly known as Graham Street and is sometimes quoted as Westminster
rather than Pimlico.

I've always quoted the Pimlico towers as

S Barnabas (10) See Lovesguide

S Gabriel, Warwick Square (8) ditto

S Saviour, St Geotrge's Square (8+2) ditto

S Michael, Chester Square (3, hung dead) Mears 1846, 2nd recast by JT 1933

S Mary, Bourne Street (see above)

S James the Less, Thorndike Street (Garden Street) (1, Warner,  reputedly in
a frame for more: any reliable data, anyone?)

S Peter, Eaton Square (There was a 15-cwt G&J bell, was it replaced after
the fire?)

All Saints, Ennisbmore Gardens (1)

All Saints, Grosvenor Road (dem, the M&S bell now the 5th at Aldenham)

Holy Trinity, Bessborough Gardens (bombed, dem, was 1, JT, in a frame for 6)

S John, Wilton Road (bombed, dem, were 8, Warner, 9-3-17)

S Philip, Buckingham Palace Road (1) ? dem

I believe S Paul, Wilton Place, Knightsbridge, a great heavy u/r 3, see
Lovesguide, is sometimes claimed as Pimlico, and no doubt there are others.

Hope you all had a great Christmas - best wishes to all on the list for a
happy new year.

DLC