[Bell Historians] St. Barnabas Pimlico

Richard Offen richard.offen at c3CT8eL0t91cQwgtuqETEbz7HUI893JWJXLh8t4RfHO6u_cdeNb0gklPPv6syZB-9Mh1886lFDvfsyDM770gl5c.yahoo.invalid
Fri Dec 28 10:43:42 GMT 2007

 My intention is to make the first full circle
> ringing of the bells a kind of public rejoicing occasion. With the
Bishop,
> press et al. For this I want the bells to be very loud. Then, when we
put
> sound control in, the populace will hear the difference in volume. I
know
> from long experience, that fixed sound control can lead to the general
> public assuming that the bells are as loud as they can be.

What's wrong with installing variable sound control?

By installing a variable system, you can have both loud ringing for
special occasions and the sound much attenuated for others.   Far
better to do this from the outset, then situations, such at the one
which prevailed at Trinity, New York, until the sound control was
fitted, will not arise.

Richard