[Bell Historians] St. Barnabas Pimlico

alantaylor at Kvpyor3Vu_CdXzCALfW2D7r3FJ9iY9UXzpoHle9--zZhiw2fGXzBsmug4wwRqVyxeHD6oNADpxUWmEQhl0yT0PQ.yahoo.invalid alantaylor at Kvpyor3Vu_CdXzCALfW2D7r3FJ9iY9UXzpoHle9--zZhiw2fGXzBsmug4wwRqVyxeHD6oNADpxUWmEQhl0yT0PQ.yahoo.invalid
Fri Dec 28 12:19:28 GMT 2007

It might be remembered that St Barnabas was the focus of riots over ritual
for a number of years. This might well have discouraged the idea of a local
band and regular ringing.

Alan

  _____

From: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com [mailto:bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of alantaylor at zdTboTlXRXVgJnfITHu89QjZfBgOXEai1b_WvCXipkajaKTr7egN9ilKq_KOfb3DVW4wk3LmfMj3if991JeX0q4.yahoo.invalid
Sent: 28 December 2007 12:16
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [Bell Historians] St. Barnabas Pimlico

Surely it depends on ones definition of very little use Chris. There have
only been 10 recorded peals on the bells in 160 years. There were a batch of
q/ps rung in the late 1800s and then silence. It would seem likely that the
Ellecombe frame connected to the clappers was to discourage full circle
ringing. It certainly would be a chore to have to untie the clappers each
time the bells are rung up. And so far we have found no trace in the records
of a local band ever being formed. The q/ps were rung by such as Chas
Whinney.

Alan

  _____