[Bell Historians] St.. Magnus Lower Thames Street.

Richard Offen richard.offen at Q6qgq9Os2W9aGiKZVAUT_GICR-TLC4xsd3go0igFRcF9_n-wShun2s4-cXcngiQLrOQFhI078RgaOBlneIeghMeTNZo.yahoo.invalid
Fri Dec 28 22:37:36 GMT 2007

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "Dickon Love" <dickon at ...> wrote:

> RCO:
> "Are you anticipating that the London DAC will drag its heels as much
> as it has with previous applications for work concerning bells?"
>
> I am not sure of any occasion where the DAC has dragged its heels over
> bells.  If you are referring to St Michael's Cornhill, the DAC did
have
> a lot of correspondence to deal with, but they did deal with it timely
> enough and approved the application.  If you were actually referring
> the Chancellor of the Diocese - well - that's a different matter, and
> hope we won't see the same delays at St Magnus as other faculties (not
> just bell related ones) seem to have been facing.
>
> DrL

So it's the Chancellor, not the DAC causing holdups.   I was aware of a
good many delays over the last few years, which have always been blamed
on the DAC, but from what you say, it is not them!

Thanks for the information.

Richard