[Bell Historians] Re: FW: a neglected tower

jimhedgcock jameshedgcock at DbwnXGzpvtsE19kwaKY7qg_cc3umhjAPpxS3znImi7QhoU_IiC8-TtE1-vX4r0cvyW7L0Kr0Hm1MRMSBu452FEWa.yahoo.invalid
Tue Feb 27 22:41:08 GMT 2007

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "David Cawley" <dave at ...> wrote:

> THANK GOODNESS SOMEONE HAS GOT IN (THOUGH HOW DID THEY MANAGE IT?)
AND RAISED THE QUESTION OF THIS EXCELLENT RING OF TEN.

>Quality of tone is very much subjective.
Like other founders, G&J produced good, mediocre and poor bells. Some
of their rings had short lives. I don't remember Hanley being discussed
in any flattering terms, like some of their work.