[Bell Historians] Re: FW: a neglected tower

Barry Pickup jbpickup at D_LijvoZVnfZWVBzRE2paFjs_muwacaBJBru0B3hpEz-_rVCVC_1EjiPfEOSYZYTo2S8y5EaovYZyg4Lmg.yahoo.invalid
Wed Feb 28 10:02:46 GMT 2007

--- jimhedgcock <jameshedgcock at zX7p7EnlW-xH9yhVQMZZaGOiIOyoYC-KL3UdyVRHYEgGzd_Ff4j5hTAWq2GN6cEtxs6TcMjti0thzn2mUl6H28Q.yahoo.invalid> wrote:

> Quality of tone is very much subjective.
> Like other founders, G&J produced good, mediocre and
> poor bells. Some
> of their rings had short lives. I don't remember
> Hanley being discussed
> in any flattering terms, like some of their work.

I think the problems with the quality of Hanley bells
were more concerned with their inside audibility
rather than their tone.

JBP