[Bell Historians] Nearest to 1000 peals

Mark Regan markregan at tjy29YNOVEkICMVtXspvKqznlxi2BKAE3_nFUD-67jOUj3ax8sSwKWDCqg-lsFNJikDtdLjjuDo_S2o_.yahoo.invalid
Thu Jan 18 00:04:39 GMT 2007

Ron Sharp from Maulden Bedfordshire was in the 900s when he died.
Stephen Ivin may know the precise number or someone from the SRCY who
keeps their records or obituaries.

A few years’ ago we replicated Bert Prewitt’s last two peals (Southwold
and Wrentham). After he rang them he returned to France and was killed
just before WW1 ended. We had his peal book with us at both towers – it
was quite a day thinking about him, especially when we left the tower on
that cold miserable evening. We all went home. He went back to
France
Alan Regin can tell you more of this moving story.

Mark

Mark Regan
31 Park Street
Worcester