[Bell Historians] St. Andrews United Reformed Church, Scarborough

Peter Humphreys pfh at -tc-KRXAM1bGjagQ-llxTwkmaJT1c5k-zcbsSq583mTgpy9ckCgS_Zwf0PtXC_HwpTpoBcuI7XaxaVEMsfe8.yahoo.invalid
Sat Jul 28 09:56:16 BST 2007

Sorry, can't help. May I, however, point out a minor error in your email,
namely that the incumbent at a United Reformed Church is a Minister, not a
Vicar, which, I understand is a term used exclusively in the Anglican
Church.

Peter Humphreys
Christ Church, Port Sunlight, United Reformed Church
- which is why I know :-)

-----Original Message-----
From: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com [mailto:bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of macstyle2004
Sent: 28 July 2007 09:29
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Bell Historians] St. Andrews United Reformed Church, Scarborough

Anyone know the details of the large bell that used to be hung in this
church in the 1800s/early 1900s?
 I have been told it was approx 20-30cwt. All that remains in the
tower now is an old, very thick, bell rope, the frame and any other
evidence has gone. The vicar did not have any other information on it.

Matthew

Yahoo! Groups Links