[Bell Historians] The Regal, Marble Arch ...again!

David Cawley dave at eBqokRtuIvkb0ZFMhlnDvIBElPaG-EY3-f6B4arhg68-D9mRFRN1001X_HjKhTlx2k0pydDr4xpHF6LslD-xosTLIvI.yahoo.invalid
Fri Mar 2 12:06:12 GMT 2007

The information on the bells being shipped to Belgium came from Dove IV - "This second smallest carilon has been shipped to Belgium" - the smallest of course being the baton clavier one at Bond Street.

DLC

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Richard Offen
  To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Thursday, March 01, 2007 10:33 PM
  Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] The Regal, Marble Arch ...again!

  --- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "Alan Buswell" <aaj.buswell at ...>
  wrote:

  > According to the Tuning Books of G&J, the Regal Cinema at Marble Arch
  had 32 bells (I might be wrong here) dated 1927/28. All the bells were
  returned to the factory and used as Stock Bells. Some went to Japan and
  others elsewhere. This is not to be confused with the 1930 M.A.
  carillon of 32 which were shipped to Belgium in the mid 1960's. Where I
  got this info from, I'm not too sure but I do have the info of the
  bells .
  > AAJB

  Probably the same place I got the information from ...and I can't
  remember either!

  Either way, it didn't actually happen and the bells are sitting in
  squalor in Cornwall awaiting a decision on their future.