[Bell Historians] Kingsmead Reprints

Susan & Christopher Dalton dalton.family at 93E2t-a6geebe2m3r-bIUjRjgnzIbDWASuaxDThBYzMRWfOn-3cIsywifGI6YAP3vKLH65TWjVx3QduMIY6K.yahoo.invalid
Sat Mar 31 20:24:14 BST 2007

> The reason for my wanting to contact Kingsmead Reprints was to ask for
> their blessing for me to print a facsimile copy of Tintinnalogia, Second
> Edition, 1671.  Although it will not be a copy of Kingsmead's 1668
> edition, the only difference is the first page!    I was doing this as a
> courtesy to them.  However, if they are no longer in business, I guess
> that any further attempts to contact them would be redundant.

I meant to respond on this before.  Kingsmead Reprints was, I believe, a
one-man show run by one Mr Frost (no relation to the cataclysmic Mr Frost of
Kings Lynn fame).  I went to see him once at his bookshop in Bath as a
possible potential publisher for my efforts.  That was after he had
reprinted Walters's Wiltshire without any updating and Sharpe's Berkshire
with some.  I don't know if he had any successor(s) but would rather suspect
not.  And I don't suppose he made any money out of Tintin., Wilts. and
Berks, either.

C D