[Bell Historians] Fwd: Comments on IXfoundryWarner

Dickon Love dickon at kbKgdduUjWbarvublMiXaJf91BPsh4VtJD-eNuOgido5he9EUetWrjVeaXn_8s3OmwmuFCplA6m7Ig.yahoo.invalid
Fri May 4 14:39:26 BST 2007

>  >I wonder if you can help me to find records of a bell founded in
>  >1904 by J Warner & Sons London. It is currently for sale in a shop
>  >in Tunbridge Wells and is claimed to be from a school in Hawkhurst
>  >Kent. It is this that I would like confirmed, at least as a
>  >possibility. If there are any records that you think may exist I
>  >would be very grateful to know where I might find them.

I rather think that Fr David, Quiche and I saw this bell last year in that shop. I am not surprised that he hasn't sold it yet - he wanted about 3 times the scrap value for it and was most put out when we laughed rather loudly at the price. At that time the owner couldn't remember where it came from.

DrL