[Bell Historians] Re: W. L. Bowles on tuning church bells

whrrr1978 mark at wIDOcRuui3WlIeDgxfjnKVsuUEsnfvzWif0tapRFOBilrO5Trz8XhTU6ZtVVTsB6iADUOemWn5KoLZEJ_TFZxAg.yahoo.invalid
Tue Aug 12 12:05:46 BST 2008

James Wells recast the 2nd two years  before (1826) so perhaps they
were still full of enthusiasm for the recently restored bells and
altered sound of the new bell. Other than this, they remained as they
were in 1828 until 2001 apart from new fittings at some point in the
early C20th.

It can be the same today. After rehanging, the locals can be very up-
beat and positive about the work and it's only a few years later that
it wears off, sometimes with an altered view that maybe they're not
quite as good as they had thought. This is particularly noticable in
those who have overseen projects, which is understandable. I name no
examples :)

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "Anne Willis" <zen16073 at ...>