Big Ben

David Cawley dave at YQY1nNe0fIAQAyGuV__9eSiqUgTceRCRu1n4BLUsY5KTSzxjRjZ9j4R7ePMQgj8M3FD3h97T7b7HwmNPCfOlsf1vcD-V.yahoo.invalid
Fri Jan 18 22:54:03 GMT 2008

Regarding the celebrations: I think that they are reserved for 1859, the year in which the clock was started in the tower and the bells were first heard. There is, however to be a private celebration in the most appropriate of places.

Regarding the over-heavy hammer. I still regard it as quite deliberate destruction. The J Warner bell was, as has been said before, much too large to pass up the central shaft, hence the extraordinary profile of the present great bell. Denioson was well aware of the fact.

DLC