From Essex to New Hampshire.

manxringer bells at Wgd4trtpMaEzUUCuh-4myQMz5qTk5DHp7qcq5jpIVNkjihej8g8EF5ITtNmYpw7M6QokiGyc47vhMQ.yahoo.invalid
Thu Jul 10 11:10:59 BST 2008

There use to be a bell hung for full circle ringing sitting in a H
frame in the church yard of the Roman Catholic Church in Fox Street,
Liverpool 3 (just off St Annes Street).  I beleive that this bell
was about 8cwt. I know it has been there in the past 10 years.

Any Liverpool based member of this list know if this bell is still
there?

Ernie
EV

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, Ted Steele <ted.steele at ...>
wrote:

> I was browsing on the photographic website, "flickr" and came
across
> these pictures which may be of interest. I expect the bells to be
well
> known amongst historians but I was surprised to find that East
Bergholt
> is not the only church with a wooden bell cage in the churchyard.
> Admittedly the one at Wrabness, Essex contains only one bell but
it
> makes me wonder whether there may be still further examples of
such
> cages. Does anyone on the list know? There is a link to a picture
of the
> East Bergholt cage for comparison which shows clearly that the
cages
> have rather little in common and are of very different ages.
However
> there is only about ten miles between the two villages. Is there
perhaps
> a local tradition of such cages?
>
> The bell in Keene, NH seems to have hung for some years in the
Baptist