[Bell Historians] Metal prices

Dickon Love dickon at _AooxUc13eKSchLxPdrlxLbzRWUp9qG9vsoKPC3vl77TSXVGZLtNUFFDPXU9vwyloRo9FY73LcI.yahoo.invalid
Mon Mar 3 07:53:02 GMT 2008

RCO:

"I can think of one relatively remote church in the South-East of
England where a bell, getting on for half a ton in weight, hangs from a
single shackle under a little wooden shelter in the churchyard. Why
this particular bell hasn't been stolen in past has always remained a
mystery to me. All past attempts to persuade the church authorities
to put the bell in a more secure position have met with failure!"

Just returned from abroad to read this.  This thread has been useful and
has allowed me to resume my pressure on this with the most strongly
worded email to the Vicar yet on the matter.  He is in favour of moving
the bell but there is considerable opposition by the Churchwardens.  But
I am not without influence here and now see it as my mission to have
this bell moved before the Vicar retires.

DrL