[Bell Historians] Tintinnalogia by Echo Library

Alan Ellis alan_ellis at p9ICUlbsvJjVrcYeXGWDdSPPSG9nrwxjKt3owJiETZMgPOwu1SxuvP0HKckP4gM2U_IXdjeoC17w-hQy4qg.yahoo.invalid
Mon Mar 3 22:41:28 GMT 2008

Hello Everyone,

Has anyone else purchased a copy of 'Tintinnalogia, or, the Art of
Ringing' (by) Richard Duckworth and Fabian Stedman, 2007?   No, not my
facsimile edition.   :-)

I've just received  my copy from the USA.  Echo Library is the publisher
and they are located in Teddington, Middlesex..

I just wanted to see what they had done and how it is presented.   The
cost was about US$25.00.  Somewhat cheaper than my recent facsimile
addition.

It is obviously a soft cover book (15 x 23 cm) with high gloss printing
on the covers and bound using the 'quick binding' method.

It is in present day English as opposed to the 1668/1671 English of the
originals and facsimile editions.

What I find strange is that there is no title page indicating the date
of the original.  The only reference is to 2007!    Anyone not knowing
the difference would presume that Duckworth and Stedman are modern authors.

A cost-effective book for a tower library.

Best wishes

Alan Ellis