Metal Prices

Neil Skelton neil.tcct at eYLbVH-ToQ2CU3xMWfszJH2KGl_0AbEUvn1YcZ9YVEb9ybi53vWOIn_98QFcyIsNvrNN8-Di4Uw2IwR4Rvg.yahoo.invalid
Mon Mar 3 11:07:26 GMT 2008

Some years ago, when adviser on bells to the Salisbury Diocese, I recommended refusal of a faculty to scrap a ring of six (Mears & Stainbank 1876) Okay, look at the last entry in your copy of CB Wiltshire by Walters.!

When asked my reason(s) for this recommendation I replied that a future generation might want to restore them for ringing; further, the parish would end up with rather less money than it might have expected after lowering them and making good afterwards. Following a visit by the Archdeacon the parish declined to pursue the matter.

Neil Skelton.