The NBR

George Dawson george at 5AwKz7vcybzzDWIi5zyoerejvvrqMCIrkG5lBP_CYciUME_1NA8Xfel9oCLMQrGOFXbJafOL1DMwSJZ6g3xCUA26KqvVM8v1.yahoo.invalid
Tue Mar 11 10:08:06 GMT 2008

The NBR as originally undertaken by myself was done at the behest of the
Council for the Care of Churches & they kindly provided their National Index
of CofE churches. I incorporated the CCC Lists of Bells for Preservation as
issued by them into the Diocesan NBR Lists, which explains why some RC bells
are in (Sittingbourne, etc.). Although there is no jurisdiction, these
historically important bells need to be remembered and it seemed to me the
logical way to do it.

Since my 'retirement' from the CCC I have continued to develop these NBR
Lists, and now ALL the Diocesan Lists are on my website,
http://georgedawson.homestead.com/nbr.html

There are gaps in the information, & I will be pleased to receive further
data as it becomes available. John Baldwin of the Dove proto-NBR has been
most co-operative, and indeed recently Rod has been helpful with some of his
visits.

I have been aware of the absence of non CofE rings from the beginning, but
there's only 24 hours a day and all the work I do is voluntary and unpaid. I
have tried to remember to indicate Cathedrals which come under the C.A.C,
and CCT churches, but do not doubt there's omissions.

George