Bishopsgate.

John Paul Adams J.Adams at m7hySLQcPv_Ib40g7ZQtuzwwUPBl3_IfLAh92PH11WtvmEBV43GCSJBHr61mEyh1VkMisghRgfcyRg.yahoo.invalid
Mon Nov 3 10:47:08 GMT 2008

Alan Taylor:

>> I am sure that John Adams would be happy to let anyone interested see the
>> bells. They are rung every Wednesday from 12.30 to 1.10.

Thanks to Alan for keeping everyone informed, I have been away in
Pembrokeshire for the weekend. Alan Hughes did the test last Wednesday,
so we should have the report soon with the full details. Should be no
problem with getting it fixed at Soundweld but it's not going to be an
easy task getting it out of the tower!

As Alan says, if anyone wants to come and look, we ring every Wednesday.
The chalk has been left on the crack so I will try and do some pictures
this week and possibly another sound file.

As to the cause of the crack, we shall probably never know. With such a
small sample of cracked bells, no work has ever been done to find the
cause of cracking, especially in our case where there is no obvious
reason or defect in the bell.

Cheers,
John.

--
   John Paul Adams, Medical School IT Support Section, Cruciform Building
         University College London, Gower Street, London, WC1E 6BT.