Reading the national bell register

Mike Chester mike at SvCr3ZmxuNMyXkHx6f1Ug9ZqqlRV7N4Q4hKX87f9Hm3mPon0_VI2IUqhs3j0zzn2oKipMpEktas87UwN6f0dYnBMJsBVjg.yahoo.invalid
Thu Oct 9 00:12:01 BST 2008

--- In bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com, "dcwillispiano"
<dcwillispiano at ...> wrote:

> I have downloaded the oxford guild part of this into a spreadsheet
> and as others have said , it is all a splendid piece of work .

Agreed!

> My first home tower , Sonning , has 4 Ellis Knight tenors dated
> 1640/41
> and under the LIST column of the register "yes" is entered against
> each bell . I presume that this is a preservation order .

It means that the bells are listed and there are certain assumptions
against tuning, recasting, etc - others will no doubt fill in the
details.

I notice that canon status for the front bells, frequencies and
diameters are not in the pNBR - can you not supply them to JCB?

Mike