[Bell Historians] Big bells was Riverside bass bell

David Bryant David.Bryant at op_CBsRCzRjNpP5KhBcyzJfW9uG4SiHIvBlcXumQP705EGTwaJ5cRt0q40wzz7ZdgIqPiz2SEW04XqmZZA.yahoo.invalid
Fri Oct 10 15:43:42 BST 2008

"It was Jim Hedgcock (not me) who said that "three of these monsters
were cast and rejected" after which the first was accepted. He was of
course entirely correct. An expensive episode, though I understand that
Rockefeller paid for the moulding, casting and tuning of all three. "

Presumably the two rejected bells were broken up? That can't have been
easy!