[Bell Historians] Big bells was Riverside bass bell

Ingrid Nyeboe printmeans at LZgsMERowdwIVzGqHxiEZrj7ApznVcAHVhhNYcmtlrzf-5ZLazkNjMjeG5tPA7Tdc-QKNivKINXCndRNuA.yahoo.invalid
Fri Oct 10 16:55:00 BST 2008

Check out Jill Johnston's "England's Child" the chapter called Heavy Metal--the Mother of all Bourdons.
You might find some answers there!
Ingrid

To: bellhistorians at Toxb0AsRxaysKx3mhhseXgl5WQoSRfp_AzDFlJQ1EloWlmycJEmstSGwo532dABKSGu_F9eLq__fqdLF2qCNs-w3aegftMrCwYz_.yahoo.invalid: David.Bryant at lecMOBk7Eg6SW_U9B4U3uLdTIU5hEt0ptGgvx0jcUqP2gdhiuL5vsgPd-oI0cVaHeGhTC4hTdOd3wA7kRL8efjab4MEomw.yahoo.invalid: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 15:43:42 +0100Subject: RE: [Bell Historians] Big bells was Riverside bass bell

“It was Jim Hedgcock (not me) who said that "three of these monsters were cast and rejected" after which the first was accepted. He was of course entirely correct. An expensive episode, though I understand that Rockefeller paid for the moulding, casting and tuning of all three. “

Presumably the two rejected bells were broken up? That can’t have been easy!