Fw: service for the raising of a bell

Peter G Davies p.g.davies at KP_sXtYF-E-XPhemijxLj3u5yqdT34jaLjk4dApZBwNtbvO8Dj1Gez0VC50eBRKYiEJmh42yZfMdrxp3hF5YUcwUt1GT.yahoo.invalid
Mon Oct 13 15:09:53 BST 2008

Anybody know the answer to this query or can make a suggestion?

Peter Davies

----- Original Message -----
From: Robin
To: pro at scu-O1PU3zbi14TObrlJTTa2LCFQVlxppGs_TIwp_f-3jHYIwpGNuC8c4DzsnrKEX4StS2A.yahoo.invalid
Sent: Friday, October 10, 2008 10:26 PM
Subject: service for the raising of a bell

Good morning
I came across your excellent website when I was searching for guidance on a service for the raising of a church bell.
I wonder if you will be able to help me?
Our church of St Stephen's in Marton, New Zealand is one of two churches built in the early 1900s still with their
free standing bell towers.  Our bell tower has spent most of this year in two pieces in order to have untreated wood
inserted and repairs made, while the bell has been in storage.  The time is now approaching when the top half will
be lifted by crane and the whole structure reinforced;  then the bell will be re-hung.
I am sure there must be a service or some kind of celebration for the raising of a bell.  I should be most grateful for
any information you can give me.
kind regards
(Mrs) Robin Peirce
Hawkestone Gardens
Wellington Road, RD 1 Marton, New Zealand.