Trinity Church bells, Port of Spain, Trinidad.

George Dawson george at PRsonr30OM7wxyfgDLEHYZI5uH_rLP2-a0mY3-3mhnQo5MrWN0Jc9gsg1zvO67RY34Rq29Sig02JeLXAN8ov6VO3mzbq-w.yahoo.invalid
Sat Oct 25 18:51:03 BST 2008

I can add some more to this.

In 1880 they added 5 bells to the chime:

5.3.21

6.0.20

-

-

8.1.14

-

11.3.20

16.0.4

This implies that of the old 6, bells 1, 2 & 4 were replaced (previously cracked?).

Clearly then it sounds as though this should be added to the ‘Lost Rings…’ list. It would be interesting to find out how all the bells are now hung (yes I know what dead means), but are the old surviving three on old deadstocks, & what exactly is the framework.

George