RE: [Bell Historians] Bishopsgate

Dickon Love dickon at w91AkAcKSDeLvMtJYtSPaP96MxVTs3qeQUPBi69RNLJAEmoTLi_GW4Z2965BQhs17k8c03W9c7JZp0ZcNQ.yahoo.invalid
Fri Oct 31 09:18:19 GMT 2008

>  Has anyone assessed it,  or is anyone going to?
>  Its always  interesting to know the cause of  a crack?

Others may be able to speak more authoritatively about this, but I was chatting to Alan Hughes yesterday who inspected the crack this week.  He said it was 10 inches long and eminated from the point of clapper strike vertically upwards, beyond the moulding wires!  John Adams put a sound clip of the bell on the FODS list a few weeks ago and boy, does it sound cracked!  The bells are listed and the crack is to be welded.

DrL