[Bell Historians] Identification requested

Andrew Higson andrew.higson at Ty0TRkeFWBaZsyJIrbypHphBHszjX2EBu0xZPQ6kvJWRfbDj6jmBs8Y2phJW1Ix4L3MbckgL1CFAAVnlODaEeq74AB4g0ebgaVE.yahoo.invalid
Tue Dec 15 14:20:27 GMT 2009

Without spending too much time on it, it looks as though we provided
fittings for the 5 bells, recast the tenor and supplied various bits of
steel etc to strengthen the frame. The work was ordered by G&J (clocks)
Ltd. rather than the previous company (readers will be aware that
companies occasionally have to change their names!?) The last bell
supplied to the G&J that we all know love and copy was for East Lansing
College and that was in 1957. We also supplied a chime of bells to G&J
(clocks) ltd in 1961 to go to Warwick, Queensland, so not the last one
with G&J name on it.

Andrew Higson

John Taylor & Co.

The Bellfoundry

Freehold Street

Loughborough

LE11 1AR

Telephone: 01509 212241 Fax: 01509 263305 Registered in England No.
7032766