[Bell Historians] Identification requested

Philip Denton philip_denton at IDNJYd-kXdBtTyyUJRicl-ZPaG8cY1hQzjAOeFajadskkV_n7dL2eqKKPK3ZmtRgOuqPphigs6dcd_x00s0AArw.yahoo.invalid
Tue Dec 15 14:45:50 GMT 2009

Thanks for the clarification and additional information, Andrew.

--- On Tue, 15/12/09, Andrew Higson <andrew.higson at U3WtaLy_MXLWCGy2lNtdQkAwA0ikQHmBs2SAgPh4RsHaLSqkaTWvWZg1aykCuad_Re-8uOI6N2bs7hVjdM_IFc16xj97.yahoo.invalid> wrote:

From: Andrew Higson <andrew.higson at U3WtaLy_MXLWCGy2lNtdQkAwA0ikQHmBs2SAgPh4RsHaLSqkaTWvWZg1aykCuad_Re-8uOI6N2bs7hVjdM_IFc16xj97.yahoo.invalid>
Subject: RE: [Bell Historians] Identification requested
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, 15 December, 2009, 14:20

Without
spending too much time on it, it looks as though we provided fittings for the 5
bells, recast the tenor and supplied various bits of steel etc to strengthen
the frame. The work was ordered by G&J (clocks) Ltd. rather than the
previous company (readers will be aware that companies occasionally have to
change their names!?) The last bell supplied to the G&J that we all know
love and copy was for East Lansing College
and that was in 1957. We also supplied a chime of bells to G&J (clocks) ltd
in 1961 to go to Warwick , Queensland , so not the last one with G&J
name on it.

Andrew
Higson

John