[Bell Historians] Guildford Cathedral

John H Allen john at rZHR5b0kXdnSU8HUW-N5wsgpXlMkr57urWQRfO1AoRUkZqh7D_2EWbYBkzPcfu-8_grcT264Y2y_.yahoo.invalid
Tue Jan 6 15:26:12 GMT 2009

Do you think that the unused 'pit' is simply a convenient access to the
trapdoor below without the need to remove a bell?

  _____

From: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com [mailto:bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of Mike Chester
Sent: 06 January 2009 14:16
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Bell Historians] Guildford Cathedral

Searching through flickr for photographs about bellringing I came upon
this one:-

http://www.flickr. <http://www.flickr.com/photos/peter_whisker/2332326181/>
com/photos/peter_whisker/2332326181/

The first thing to strike me was the large unused "pit" in the centre.
Was it origialaly intended to add in a bourdon bell at some point,
perhaps?

Mile

7:56 AM