Newport, Shropshire

Mike Chester mike at T4a6Q7I_oxDX3eba14oAlM2Ekm7E-wvgMwqEVAcyywktwTMr5TRmVBcUnoD76BWOfPe1gIv4xQkU4aDaWXHjzw0o.yahoo.invalid
Sun Jun 28 22:32:15 BST 2009

I rang here for the first time yesterday. We did not find the the most tuneful ring of the day.  The second and the treble were noticeably not a semitone apart.  The 2nd and 6th were recast by Taylors when the bells were rehung in 1952. Given that some of their best rings were cast around this time, one wonders why the second seems not to fit.

It is just our ears, or is there a story being this and they had to produce a bell to this specification?

Mike