[Bell Historians] Newport, Shropshire

Robert Lewis editor at BxhCOrhUr5dwh6PqV1zzheUFYbfuuRoSiaTq7iqWBpLD_oC-9kQDyR1uN14qYevZjhWQ24P30Bw5_4oLXmWm.yahoo.invalid
Mon Jun 29 12:01:09 BST 2009

At 08:21 29/06/2009, Chris Pickford wrote:

>CJND used to say that the worst counties for bells (tonally) were
>Berkshire, Hampshire, Shropshire and Kent!

I don't have sufficient experience of Kent or Shropshire to comment
on those counties - but I certainly think CJND was right about right
about Berkshire.  Are there any really first rate rings in the
county? Cannot say that I have come across anything spectacularly
good in Hampshire yet either, although I like Portsmouth Cathedral.

Presumably Berkshire and Hampshire have always been relatively
prosperous counties, so it seems strange that there are so few good
rings of bells to be found thereabouts.

RAL