Lichfield

jimhedgcock jameshedgcock at L_8oUyOZbMYxZcDlOaLPHoK3SmiJBkqQJb_QJHZIVS8xJq2QmbL7wN6nz1bo2QWHYxMv50Y5_E8I_wBymyGhHw.yahoo.invalid
Thu Mar 12 18:31:53 GMT 2009

It would be interesting to know why the old frame was not replaced when the bells were recast. I can't imagine that there was a shortage of money with the Free Masons being the donors(?). Also I have heard it said that they are heavy for their note because there was a plan to make them twelve. If the old frame had to be retained, and I can't think that there were conservationists about with such clout at that time, was any thought given to putting them in a new frame in the other tower?  I gather that this is not an option now because the N.W. tower is fitted out as a practice area for the choir.