Abercarn

sliggoascy simonhippo at zCwkgYGihHvlrswCqMKHrlTJne3b0VdxjeJ_ThTdCE_Hg2Nt638p0WPc3heFDI_YnZmI6-4BGhv03MI7rIAulw.yahoo.invalid
Wed Nov 11 18:36:08 GMT 2009

I visited this with the agent about 18 months ago. However the owner paid about £1m too much for it (it is worth minus £250k at best) so I am waiting for them to go bust.

I have tried hard to find out why it was built but no one seems to know. There was a theory that it was built in order to be a Cathedral for Newport but that doesn't stack up.  It was only used for 50 years or so before a smaller church was built nearby.

Originally it had a very fine interior but this has all been stripped out and it is an empty shell with major structural problems to the chancel roof.

Simon L