[Bell Historians] More Telegraph letters

John H Allen john at W19bqb1RPWc5vkYRIGRc1x8BGHJg3bMG-CRSzcbyJOZB_JIP98SnVr3HOkf7-ZInk-45VCeyoqZIZg.yahoo.invalid
Tue Nov 17 18:46:09 GMT 2009

I know that I worked with EE for 31 years so perhaps I am biased but I have
always found it open and clear.

John

  _____

From: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com [mailto:bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com]
On Behalf Of David Bryant
Sent: Tuesday 17 November 2009 18:44
To: bellhistorians at yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Bell Historians] More Telegraph letters

"Consider the situation at Hanley which is subject to secular planning
control and is likely to cause the bells to rot in situ. I can say from
personal experience that if Hanley was still subject to EE then the present
impasse would not exist."

There will always be the odd few exceptions like this, but overall I think
secular planning control has more to recommend it that ecclesiastical
exemption.

07:40:00