[Bell Historians] Kelvedon

matthewhigby at 6CA_TKAzzj9iIqf2ynswzWtRWIbQ0iUA6zqwx65Dy2eck62RGuGvPjM4GxvIi5aVPPS-7RCGWxNC2DQ.yahoo.invalid matthewhigby at 6CA_TKAzzj9iIqf2ynswzWtRWIbQ0iUA6zqwx65Dy2eck62RGuGvPjM4GxvIi5aVPPS-7RCGWxNC2DQ.yahoo.invalid
Wed Nov 25 11:18:06 GMT 2009

Mitch writes:

I wonder if the Bellfounders/I wonder if the Bellfounders/<WBR>hangers
should take on the role of o main  Contractor. Along the lines of the Planning
supervisor in the CDM regs.
I realise that in some projects the bells are  only a small part of the
whole job and therefore it wouldn't always be  possible.

I say:

Sounds a fair suggestion - however we have been trying to avoid getting
caught up in all the CDM regulations and everything that comes along with  it.
I have always claimed that the bellhanging trade is closer to  mechanical
engineering trade than it is to the construction trade. So far,  eveyone
seems happy with that, and it has saved us a heck of a lot of time &  pointless
paperwork.

Starting to oversee projects undertaken by the construction trade, would
take up a hell of a lot of time, which we frankly (judging from previous
experiences), wouldn't get paid for!

Best wishes,

Matthew

Matthew Higby  & Company Ltd,